How to Buy a Gun Online
Buying a gun online is just as easy as buying anything else online. The one very important difference is FIREARMS CANNOT BE SHIPPED DIRECTLY TO THE BUYER. Firearms must be shipped to a federally licensed firearms dealer. During the checkout process, instead of entering your shipping address, you will select a the nearest Rural King Store where you would like to pickup the firearm. When you go to pick up your gun, you will be required to complete the Firearms Transaction Record (Form 4473) and pass the FBI background check. Most dealers charge a nominal fee to transfer a firearm, but RK Guns doesn't! The process of transferring a firearm from the dealer to the buyer usually takes about 10-15 minutes. Some states have waiting periods that begin when the transfer process is complete. Other states do not have waiting periods and allow the buyer to take possession of the firearm as soon as the transfer process is complete.
Placing Your Order
- Find the gun you want and add it to your cart.
- On the Shopping Cart page, click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Login to your account, or choose Guest Checkout.
- Enter your billing address information, then click Continue.
- Enter your zip code and select the radius for your Rural King store search, then click Search.
- Select the Rural King store that will receive your firearm and process your transfer, then click Continue.
- Select your shipping method, then click Continue.
- Enter your payment information, then click Continue.
- Review your order, then click Place Order.
Please allow 24 hours for it to be checked in and for the store to call you and tell you it is ready to be picked up. If you have not been contacted by your RK store within 24 hours, please call them to inquire about the status of your firearm.
After Your Gun Has Been Delivered
If your firearm was shipped to a Rural King store, please allow 24 hours for it to be checked in and for the store to call you and tell you it is ready to be picked up. If you have not been contacted by your RK store within 24 hours, please call them to inquire about the status of your firearm.
Transferring Your Firearm
- When you arrive at your chosen Rural King store, INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE TRANSFER PROCESS. Once the transfer process is complete, the gun is yours and may not be returned to RK Guns.
- If upon inspection you see that the gun is defective, let the employee know as soon as you notice defect. We will work to have the firearm returned to RK Guns at no cost to you.
- If you wish to proceed with the transfer, follow the employee's instructions for completing Firearms Transaction Record (Form 4473).
- Wait a few minutes while the employee calls in the FBI background check.
- If you pass the background check, follow the employee's instructions for completing the transfer.
- If you live in a state that requires a waiting period before you can take possession of the gun, the waiting period begins at this point. If you live in a state that does not require a waiting period, you may take your new gun home with you.
Things to Keep In Mind
- It is YOUR responsibility to know the laws in your area regarding the purchase, transfer and ownership of firearms.
- Be sure to INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY BEFORE STARTING THE TRANSFER. Once the transfer process is complete, the gun is yours and may not be returned to RK Guns for any reason. If you encounter problems with your firearm after the transfer is complete, you must contact the manufacturer for warranty and repair issues.
Thank you for shopping at RK Guns!
If you have questions or need help with anything, please feel free to call us at 1-844-754-8671 (7:00am - 5:00pm CST M-F, chat available until 6pm CST) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.