RURAL KING SWEEPSTAKES TERMS
CAMO CHEST FREEZER GIVE-A-WAY
Welcome to www.rkguns.com!
Rural King is sponsoring the Camo Chest Freezer Give-A-Way (“Sweepstakes”) for visitors to our website who live in the 12 states where our 99 Rural King stores are located. The Sweepstakes is governed by the Official Sweepstakes Rules, so please read them before you complete and submit your Sweepstakes Entry Form.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by RK Internet LLC (“us”, “we” or “our”), and our address is 4216 Dewitt Avenue, Mattoon, Illinois 61938. We provide online shopping services to visitors (“Visitors”) to our website, www.rkguns.com (“Website”).
Submitting an email address to participate in this Sweepstakes drawing is also a request to receive emails from us regarding other products, services and offers from time to time. You may unsubscribe at any time after entering the Sweepstakes. Current subscribers to our emails may also enter the Sweepstakes by submitting a Sweepstakes Entry Form.
The Sweepstakes is intended for viewing only in the fifty U.S. States and District of Columbia, excluding, without limitation, all U.S. territories and possessions and all other countries, and shall be construed and governed by the laws of the United States of America.
YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME YOU ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES AND YOU MUST HAVE AND PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. No purchase is required to enter this Sweepstakes, and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize.
2. Sponsor. The Sweepstakes sponsor is RK Internet LLC (sometimes referred to in these rules as “us”, “we” or “our”), and our address is 4216 Dewitt Avenue, Mattoon, Illinois 61938.
3. Sweepstakes Period. The ”Sweepstakes Period” begins at 12:00 am Central Time May 1, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Start”) and continues until 12:00 am Central Time May 15, 2017 (“Sweepstakes End”).
4. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons legally residing in the following U.S. states where there is a Rural King store: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Virginia, or North Carolina (“Qualifying Residents”). A Qualifying Resident entering the Sweepstakes must be at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of submitting an entry, and must be an authorized user of an email address originating in the United States of America. Natural persons who submit an entry but who are not Qualifying Residents are not eligible to be awarded a prize, but will be placed on our email list and agree to receive emailed promotions, from which they may unsubscribe at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of your email. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE EMAILS FROM US. Employees, officers, directors, members, representatives, or agents of any Rural King entity, as well as their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, and siblings) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or to win a prize.
6. How To Enter: You may enter this Sweepstakes only on the Internet. Go to www.rkguns.com/giveaway and enter all of the information required by the “Sweepstakes Entry Form”, including your name, address, date of birth, city and state of residence, zip code, and a valid, working email address for which you are the authorized user. You may submit only one entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries must be made by an individual from a stand-alone computer device and may not be made by proxy or any electronic or automated means such as script, bot, macro, or any other similar software or program. You may not enter with multiple emails or with multiple identities, nor may you use any device or any other means to make or obtain more than one entry to the Sweepstakes. Any entry or entries that violate(s) these rules will be void, and the individual submitting such entry will be precluded from winning a prize in the Sweepstakes. You must provide an accurate, functioning email address for which you are the authorized user for your entry to be eligible and for us to notify you via email. For purposes of this Sweepstakes and these rules, an “authorized user” is defined as a natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet mail provider, Internet service provider, online service provider, or business or other entity located in the United States of America that is responsible for assigning, and is authorized to assign, email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding the person who submitted a particular online entry for the Sweepstakes, the entry shall be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account. By supplying your email address, you agree to receive emails from us. You may unsubscribe at any time if you no longer wish to receive such emails by following the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
7. Winner Selection. There will be one (1) winner of the Sweepstakes Grand Prize. The Sweepstakes Grand Prize to be awarded is more fully described in Paragraph 10 below (“Grand Prize”). The winner of the Grand Prize will be chosen in a random drawing to be held on May 15, 2017 or not more than thirty (30) days after the Sweepstakes End. The winner will be notified May 15, 2017, or within ten (10) days after the drawings, via the email address provided at the time of entry and also via U.S. mail to the address provided in the Sweepstakes Entry Form. It is the responsibility of each Entrant to keep his or her email address current and operating, and to monitor it on a regular basis. The potential winner must respond within ten (10) days after receiving an email notification from us telling you that you have won the Grand Prize, and the potential winner must also respond in writing within ten (10) days after receiving written notice by certified U.S. mail from us that you have won the Grand Prize. If the potential winner responds in a timely manner to the email and written notifications, he or she will be sent, by certified U.S. mail to the physical address provided in the Sweepstakes Entry Form, an “AFFIDAVIT Of ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY, AND PUBLIC RELEASE” form (“Affidavit”). The potential winner must sign and return the Affidavit to us to be confirmed as the Grand Prize winner. If the Affidavit is not returned to us fully executed within ten (10) days after you receive it, you will be deemed to have declined the Grand Prize and, we, without further notice or liability to you, will select another potential winner for that prize by random drawing. We will not be responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable for any reason, including but not limited to any form of active or passive filtering, or if there is insufficient space in the potential winner’s account to receive email messages. Additionally, we will not be responsible for a potential winner’s failure to advise us of a change in the physical address to which mail is to be sent.
8. Transfer or Assignment. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferrable, and no prize substitution, exchange, or cash equivalent request by a winner will be allowed.
9. Disqualified Entries. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if we determine an Entrant has not complied with these official rules. An entry may be disqualified if an Entrant: attempts to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than described in these rules; provides any information that is, or proves to be, inaccurate, false, or misleading; or attempts to circumvent, or does circumvent or violate the terms and conditions of these rules in any manner.
10. Quantity, Prize, Approximate Retail Value, and Odds. The Grand Prize is one (1) 17.50 cubic feet camo chest freezer with an Approximate Retail Value totaling $821.00 (“ARV”). Should the ARV of the Grand Prize be less than the ARV stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind. Taxes, licenses, and fees associated with the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner of the Grand Prize. The winner must take delivery of the Grand Prize in person at the closest Rural King store location within their state of residence. We reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value.
11. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the Grand Prize is based on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries.
12. Prize Acceptance. By accepting the Grand. Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he or she will be solely responsible for all taxes, licenses, and fees associated with that particular Sweepstakes Prize, that a Sweepstakes Prize is awarded “as is”, and that neither we nor any of our employees have made, nor are we in any way responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, or regarding the use, value, or enjoyment of any prize. We will require each winner to provide us with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before we deliver a prize to that winner.
13. Sweepstakes Rules Are Binding. You acknowledge that we will conduct the Sweepstakes administration, winner selection, and winner verification, and you agree that any decision we make relating to the interpretation of these rules, including your participation in the Sweepstakes and the award of Sweepstakes prizes, is final and legally binding on you.
14. Technical and Other Issues. You acknowledge that we are not responsible to any person who, for any period of time, cannot access the www.rkguns.com website for any reason or who cannot submit a Sweepstakes entry, regardless of technical, hardware, software, communications, network problems, virus contamination, force majeure, human error, or any other delay, failure or malfunction. You further acknowledge that we assume no liability for damage caused to an Entrant’s, or any other person’s, computer, hardware, or other telecommunications device, software, or communications network, regardless of cause.
15. Suspension or Termination of Sweepstakes. We reserve the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Sweepstakes if we, in our sole and reasonable discretion, conclude that the integrity of the Sweepstakes is or may be comprised, or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of being offered or administered as planned, due to infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, force majeure, human error, or other causes. In any such case, winners will be drawn from among all eligible entries received by us up to the time we determine to terminate or cancel the Sweepstakes.
16. Release and Hold Harmless. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant and the Entrant’s spouse, minor children, estate, and personal representative, releases and discharges us, and will hold us harmless, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental, or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever at law or in equity, including all costs which he or she has or may incur, by reason of personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any other reason during or arising out of his or her participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and use of any prize.
17. Governing Law. These official rules are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. If any provision of these official rules is deemed to violate any federal, state, or local law or regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law, regulation or ordinance, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If we are required by applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or ordinance, or by the action of an administrative agency, to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any such jurisdiction in its entirety, we reserve the right to terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from Entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty or notice to Entrants from that jurisdiction, and without obligation to any Sweepstakes Entrant.
18. Taxes. The value of any prize received will be taxable to the winner as income, and all federal, state and local taxes, licenses, and any other fees associated with the acceptance or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. We will provide each winner with an IRS Form 1099 stating the retail value of the prize, and a copy of this form will be sent by us to the Internal Revenue Service.
19. Consent by Winners. By accepting a prize through the Sweepstakes, the winner grants us permission and a perpetual license to use his or her name, voice, likeness, photographic or video images, and quotes for promotional or other purposes, without further consent or compensation. The winner, as a condition to receiving the Grand Prize, agrees to execute the Affidavit, which will include additional terms.
20. Errors. We are not responsible for technical, photographic, typographical or editorial errors or omissions relating to the presentation of any information relating to the Sweepstakes in any medium.
21. Dispute Resolution. Each person who enters the Sweepstakes agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes offered or awarded, and all issues concerning the validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Coles County, Illinois. All Entrants agree to Coles County, Illinois as the venue for any action at law or in equity, without regard to any conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and shall specifically exclude consequential, incidental, multiplied or punitive damages, attorney fees and expert fees. Some jurisdictions do not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Illinois courts and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental damages, so the preceding sentence may not apply to you.
23. Winners List. Any entrant may receive a list of Sweepstakes winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners–Rural King Sweepstakes, 4216 Dewitt Avenue, Mattoon, Illinois 61938. YOU CANNOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES BY MAILING A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY FORM TO THIS ADDRESS, AND ANY SWEEPSTAKE ENTRY FORMS SO RECEIVED WILL BE DISCARDED.